Friday, January 21, 2011

Whatever Makes You Happy!

I know this is a beauty related blog but I figured I would make this my first rambly blog.  I have alot of other interests/other things to talk about :)


So about six months ago I made a huge decision for myself.  I decided to withdraw from my university.  After 3 years, it finally hit me that I just wasn't 100% in it.  I did ok in my classes, met alot of great people, was involved in the greatest organization, but it just wasn't for me.  This was a hard decision because I didn't want to feel like I was letting my family or anybody else down.  My family always had this vision of me holding my degree.  Naturally, I didn't want to let them down or feel like I had let them down.  I finally worked up the courage before the Fall 2010 semester to tell them my decision and they weren't ecstatic yet they weren't upset either. 


So since I wasn't in school I didn't want to just sit around not doing anything.  I decided to look into real estate classes, something that's always peaked my interest.  I heard about Champions School of Real Estate and I just knew that I had to do it.  I took all my required classes in about a month.  I am now getting ready to take my state license exam and I am so excited, nervous, and anxious!  I have an exam prep class this weekend to help ease the anxiousness.  I am so excited that I decided to get into this industry because it's something new everyday and it's all about networking and maintaining good relationships with your clients!  And my family is fully supportive of me :)


Anyways, the whole point of this blog is to do something that truly makes you happy and not what people expect of you.  Kinda cheesy but it's so true!  Til next time!


Currently listening to: Kesha-Blow
(I decided this would be a fun feature in each post to feature whatever I'm listening to or watching at the moment I write a post. Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment